- Vertical gardens in Lebanon25/09/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: supporting IDPs and host families engage in vegetable production21/09/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: planting the seeds of hope09/08/2016
- Needs assessment in response to El Niño in Vietnam14/07/2016
- Seed4change campaign in the Central African Republic06/06/2016
Connect with us
On the road to resilience in the Central African Republic
The 15-members of the cooperative in N'dress supported by FAO has invested in multiple activities. In addition to the fish farm, bananas, cassava and vegetables are grown and sold on local markets. The cooperative members have also built seven basins in which they harvest spirulina, a microalga considered as a high-protein food source.
Fully resuming the activity of the cooperative is a challenging task in the Central African Republic, a country still shaken by violence where one million people have been displaced and the economic fabric has been seriously damaged by the 18-month long conflict.