- Livestock distribution in the Philippines25/09/2015
- Start of third locust campaign in Madagascar21/09/2015
- Receiving much-needed livestock support after Typhoon Haiyan17/09/2015
- The impact of Nepal earthquakes on female farmers14/09/2015
- Flooding in Myanmar25/08/2015
Connect with us
Agro-pastoralist course inspires graduates in South Sudan
After eight weeks of intensive learning in the field and the classroom, nineteen South Sudanese graduated from FAO South Sudan’s Agro-Pastoral Master Training Course on 7 June 2014 in Lira, Uganda. The course developed the skills of public and private extension service providers to develop community capacities for enhancing agro-pastoral production for improved food security, resilient livelihoods and better incomes. The Master Trainers will particularly focus on vulnerable — but viable — active agro-pastoralists who depend on agriculture and livestock production.