- Farmers and herders in an IDPs camp in Somalia21/02/2017
- Training fisher folks in South Sudan09/02/2017
- Fertilizer distribution in retaken areas of Iraq08/02/2017
- Distribution of agricultural inputs and livestock in the conflict and disaster-prone areas of Myanmar07/02/2017
- The “productive transfers” approach (CASH+) in Mali and Mauritania26/01/2017
Connect with us
FAO supporting returnees with tool distributions in Bangui
The events in the Central African Republic (CAR) over the last 18 months have left more than 2.5 million people in need of humanitarian assistance and displaced one out of five people; around 528 000 people are still internally displaced, including 103 000 in Bangui. People are slowly returning to their homes and resuming agricultural activities thus contributing to food production.
Throughout 2014, as part of the response to the food and nutrition crisis in CAR, FAO and its partners plan to distribute, seeds and tools to 120 000 farming families affected by the conflict. As of July 2014, 80 000 vulnerable households already received seeds and tools for the first cycle of the planting season.