- Hurricane Matthew's devastating damages in Haiti27/10/2016
- Harvest at the community garden in South Sudan24/10/2016
- Vertical gardens in Lebanon25/09/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: supporting IDPs and host families engage in vegetable production21/09/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: planting the seeds of hope09/08/2016
Connect with us
FAO supporting returnees with tool distributions in Bangui
The events in the Central African Republic (CAR) over the last 18 months have left more than 2.5 million people in need of humanitarian assistance and displaced one out of five people; around 528 000 people are still internally displaced, including 103 000 in Bangui. People are slowly returning to their homes and resuming agricultural activities thus contributing to food production.
Throughout 2014, as part of the response to the food and nutrition crisis in CAR, FAO and its partners plan to distribute, seeds and tools to 120 000 farming families affected by the conflict. As of July 2014, 80 000 vulnerable households already received seeds and tools for the first cycle of the planting season.