- Supporting pastoralists in Somalia27/04/2017
- Enhancing women’s protection and addressing the risk of further environmental degradation in northeastern Nigeria20/04/2017
- Mobile veterinary clinics10/04/2017
- Fighting vulnerable farmers’ food insecurity in Haiti23/03/2017
- Supporting fisheries in Somalia16/03/2017
Connect with us
FAO supporting returnees with tool distributions in Bangui
The events in the Central African Republic (CAR) over the last 18 months have left more than 2.5 million people in need of humanitarian assistance and displaced one out of five people; around 528 000 people are still internally displaced, including 103 000 in Bangui. People are slowly returning to their homes and resuming agricultural activities thus contributing to food production.
Throughout 2014, as part of the response to the food and nutrition crisis in CAR, FAO and its partners plan to distribute, seeds and tools to 120 000 farming families affected by the conflict. As of July 2014, 80 000 vulnerable households already received seeds and tools for the first cycle of the planting season.