- Livestock distribution in the Philippines25/09/2015
- Start of third locust campaign in Madagascar21/09/2015
- Receiving much-needed livestock support after Typhoon Haiyan17/09/2015
- The impact of Nepal earthquakes on female farmers14/09/2015
- Flooding in Myanmar25/08/2015
Connect with us
Livelihood kit beneficiaries in Jonglei State - South Sudan
Jonglei State has been particularly affected by the continued violence in South Sudan. Almost half of the state’s 1.5 million people are severely food insecure. Markets are almost empty and the prices of remaining commodities have placed them beyond the reach of many. FAO has been providing emergency livelihood kits – for crop production, fishing and livestock protection – to thousands of those in need, enabling them to produce food for themselves and their families. FAO plans to undertake further distributions in the state throughout 2014.