- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
- Seed fairs – from and for the people of South Sudan 07/07/2016
- El-Niño in Zimbabwe: Responding to the Crisis05/07/2016
- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
Connect with us
Turning the rising tide of hunger in Zimbabwe
Poor productivity in the agriculture sector has contributed to chronic food insecurity in Zimbabwe. This project was funded through the European Union Food Facility as part of the EU's wider policy of moving from food aid to food security in the country.
The video focuses on how the project beneficiaries have moved from poverty and situations of vulnerability to being able to produce more food through a combination of appropriate inputs, well-coordinated extension and regular field visits by the Government's Extension Services and training sessions.