- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
Connect with us
Turning the rising tide of hunger in Zimbabwe
Poor productivity in the agriculture sector has contributed to chronic food insecurity in Zimbabwe. This project was funded through the European Union Food Facility as part of the EU's wider policy of moving from food aid to food security in the country.
The video focuses on how the project beneficiaries have moved from poverty and situations of vulnerability to being able to produce more food through a combination of appropriate inputs, well-coordinated extension and regular field visits by the Government's Extension Services and training sessions.