- Drones in disaster risk reduction efforts for the agriculture sector25/04/2016
- Potentially dangerous desert locust outbreak in Yemen12/04/2016
- Cash scheme rekindles hope in Somalia's drought-hit regions01/04/2016
- El Niño impact in Ethiopia and FAO destocking activity21/03/2016
- Escalation of food insecurity and malnutrition in Ethiopia07/03/2016
Connect with us
Emergency support to vulnerable llama producers in the high Andean areas of Bolivia
The video explains how FAO, in close collaboration with Ministries, local authorities and NGO's has supported llamas vulnerable producers belonging to 352 rural communities characterized as areas of low agriculture production, due to their location between 3 500 and 4 700 meters above sea level.
Among the major achievements of the project we find: the construction of semi covered maternity type corrals to protect animals; the vaccination of more than 356 400 llamas and alpacas; the installation of underground greenhouses soaked and tempered by the subsoil; and the distribution of seeds (potatoes, quinoa, broad beans).