- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
- World Humanitarian Summit, Istanbul, Turkey, 23-24 May, 201620/05/2016
- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
Connect with us
Emergency support to vulnerable llama producers in the high Andean areas of Bolivia
The video explains how FAO, in close collaboration with Ministries, local authorities and NGO's has supported llamas vulnerable producers belonging to 352 rural communities characterized as areas of low agriculture production, due to their location between 3 500 and 4 700 meters above sea level.
Among the major achievements of the project we find: the construction of semi covered maternity type corrals to protect animals; the vaccination of more than 356 400 llamas and alpacas; the installation of underground greenhouses soaked and tempered by the subsoil; and the distribution of seeds (potatoes, quinoa, broad beans).