- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
Connect with us
Emergency support to vulnerable llama producers in the high Andean areas of Bolivia
The video explains how FAO, in close collaboration with Ministries, local authorities and NGO's has supported llamas vulnerable producers belonging to 352 rural communities characterized as areas of low agriculture production, due to their location between 3 500 and 4 700 meters above sea level.
Among the major achievements of the project we find: the construction of semi covered maternity type corrals to protect animals; the vaccination of more than 356 400 llamas and alpacas; the installation of underground greenhouses soaked and tempered by the subsoil; and the distribution of seeds (potatoes, quinoa, broad beans).