- New drought risks in Ethiopia put recovery at stake17/01/2017
- EU and FAO team up to address alarming food insecurity in Yemen11/01/2017
- Iraq irrigation project:Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals near Mosul23/12/2016
- FAO in Emergencies 2016 Year in Review21/12/2016
- Horn of Africa braces for another hunger season20/12/2016
Connect with us
Building Resilience in the Horn of Africa
Building stronger pastoralist communities in the Horn of Africa - that's the aim of the 5 million Euro project, funded by the European Union and coordinated by the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization.
This is a region that suffers from recurring droughts, making it one of the most food-insecure places in the world. The 2011 drought affected more than 13 million people at the peak of the crisis, causing massive food insecurity and famine. A different approach is needed for these communities to cope with disasters in the future.
This video focuses on a regional cross border project that is working with communities on disaster risk management plans and cross border grazing agreements in Pokot, Kenya and Karamoja, Uganda.