- Food Security Situation in northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen28/04/2017
- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
Connect with us
Haiti: Seeds of a Renaissance
Before the earthquake struck on January 12th 2010, farmers in Haiti had good reason to be optimistic. A 10.2 million dollar scheme, implemented by FAO and the Government of Haiti, and financed by IFAD, was coming to a successful end. Diversified activities across the country had boosted food production and increased farmers incomes across the country.
But now, support for the project is needed more than ever. An exodus of vulnerable people from the capital to rural areas is putting more pressure on family food baskets, and a food crisis is looming.