- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- The United States backs FAO efforts to combat global animal disease threats with $87 million21/10/2015
- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
Connect with us
Prevention saves lives, saves livelihoods, saves money
The importance of prevention cannot be overestimated. In this environment of climate change and global marketing of agricultural products, we would expect that transboundary diseases and pests and threats to the food chain would increase. Prevention is the only way to save lives, to save livelihoods and to save money.