- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
Connect with us
Prevention saves lives, saves livelihoods, saves money
The importance of prevention cannot be overestimated. In this environment of climate change and global marketing of agricultural products, we would expect that transboundary diseases and pests and threats to the food chain would increase. Prevention is the only way to save lives, to save livelihoods and to save money.