- Drones in disaster risk reduction efforts for the agriculture sector25/04/2016
- Potentially dangerous desert locust outbreak in Yemen12/04/2016
- Cash scheme rekindles hope in Somalia's drought-hit regions01/04/2016
- El Niño impact in Ethiopia and FAO destocking activity21/03/2016
- Escalation of food insecurity and malnutrition in Ethiopia07/03/2016
Connect with us
Kenya's Maasai remember rinderpest
Maasai elders in Kenya are among those who have seen, first-hand, the devastation caused by rinderpest, or cattle plague. For millennia, the virus was a threat to animal health and human livelihoods, until the success of an FAO-led programme to eradicate the disease from all but a few laboratory settings worldwide.