- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
Connect with us
Kenya's Maasai remember rinderpest
Maasai elders in Kenya are among those who have seen, first-hand, the devastation caused by rinderpest, or cattle plague. For millennia, the virus was a threat to animal health and human livelihoods, until the success of an FAO-led programme to eradicate the disease from all but a few laboratory settings worldwide.