- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- The United States backs FAO efforts to combat global animal disease threats with $87 million21/10/2015
- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
Connect with us
Kenya's Maasai remember rinderpest
Maasai elders in Kenya are among those who have seen, first-hand, the devastation caused by rinderpest, or cattle plague. For millennia, the virus was a threat to animal health and human livelihoods, until the success of an FAO-led programme to eradicate the disease from all but a few laboratory settings worldwide.