- Drones in disaster risk reduction efforts for the agriculture sector25/04/2016
- Potentially dangerous desert locust outbreak in Yemen12/04/2016
- Cash scheme rekindles hope in Somalia's drought-hit regions01/04/2016
- El Niño impact in Ethiopia and FAO destocking activity21/03/2016
- Escalation of food insecurity and malnutrition in Ethiopia07/03/2016
Connect with us
Boosting production in Burkina Faso
The food situation is of grave concern in parts of the Sahel, with more than 10 million people at risk of hunger. In Burkina Faso, harvests are meagre. Livestock pastures are dry. And with consistently high prices for food and farming inputs, levels of hunger and poverty are rising.
But distributions of improved seed by FAO and the European Union 'Food Facility' will give 100,000 vulnerable households - about 700,000 people - the chance of a better harvest.