- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
Connect with us
Boosting production in Burkina Faso
The food situation is of grave concern in parts of the Sahel, with more than 10 million people at risk of hunger. In Burkina Faso, harvests are meagre. Livestock pastures are dry. And with consistently high prices for food and farming inputs, levels of hunger and poverty are rising.
But distributions of improved seed by FAO and the European Union 'Food Facility' will give 100,000 vulnerable households - about 700,000 people - the chance of a better harvest.