- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
- Seed fairs – from and for the people of South Sudan 07/07/2016
- El-Niño in Zimbabwe: Responding to the Crisis05/07/2016
- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
Connect with us
Boosting production in Burkina Faso
The food situation is of grave concern in parts of the Sahel, with more than 10 million people at risk of hunger. In Burkina Faso, harvests are meagre. Livestock pastures are dry. And with consistently high prices for food and farming inputs, levels of hunger and poverty are rising.
But distributions of improved seed by FAO and the European Union 'Food Facility' will give 100,000 vulnerable households - about 700,000 people - the chance of a better harvest.