- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
Connect with us
High Food Prices: Haiti on the Brink - 2008
In Haiti, "eating bleach" means the hunger pains brought on by high food prices. FAO is supporting national initiatives, such as urban farming, to boost local production and limit Haiti's reliance on pricey imported foods.