- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
Connect with us
Pakistan Floods 2010 - 6 months on: from Relief to early Recovery
In Summer 2010 Pakistan suffered the worst floods in living memory. 20 million people were directly affected and agriculture was extremely hard hit.
FAO's early assistance is helping around 900,000 families to produce food again. But continous support is still needed to build more resilient and sustainable agriculture.