- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
- Seed fairs – from and for the people of South Sudan 07/07/2016
- El-Niño in Zimbabwe: Responding to the Crisis05/07/2016
- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
Connect with us
Cassava Revival in Northern Uganda
Although cassava is an important food security crop, it has been threatened first by the outbreak of Cassava Mosaic Diseases (CMD) and lately Cassava Brown Streak Disease (CBSD). With funding support from the European Union (EU), European Commission (EC) and ECHO, FAO has implemented projects in Uganda that have aimed at first, mitigating the spread of the disease by multiplying and distributing disease free varieties and secondly by coordinating all efforts in the country and region.