- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- The United States backs FAO efforts to combat global animal disease threats with $87 million21/10/2015
- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
Connect with us
FAO's Director of Emergency and Rehabilitation shares his thoughts on the CAR crisis
The deepening crisis in the Central African Republic is devastating people’s ability to support themselves. A United Nations report says immediate support for food and livelihoods is needed to meet what it calls an: “acute and complex emergency”.
The Director of the Food and Agriculture Organization's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division Dominique Burgeon shares his thoughts.