- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
- Seed fairs – from and for the people of South Sudan 07/07/2016
- El-Niño in Zimbabwe: Responding to the Crisis05/07/2016
- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
Connect with us
FAO's Director of Emergency and Rehabilitation shares his thoughts on the CAR crisis
The deepening crisis in the Central African Republic is devastating people’s ability to support themselves. A United Nations report says immediate support for food and livelihoods is needed to meet what it calls an: “acute and complex emergency”.
The Director of the Food and Agriculture Organization's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division Dominique Burgeon shares his thoughts.