- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
Connect with us
Interview with Mr Alexis Bonte, FAO Representative ad interim in the Central African Republic
Mr Alexis Bonte, FAO Representative ad interim, explains FAO’s assistance in CAR to ensure food security. Activities aim at resuming agricultural production through the distribution of seeds and tools to displaced rural communities affected by the 18-month conflict.
At the same time, the implementation of the ‘caisse de résilience’ programme will contribute to build their resilience. Similarly to the successful programme implemented in Uganda, this comprehensive approach is based on three pillars: social, technical and financial. The main objectives are in fact to ensure that women monitor the nutrition status of their children; enable famers to produce their own quality seeds; and implement cash transfers to boost saving and loans schemers.