- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D18 - juin 201526/08/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D17 - juin 201518/08/2015
- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, juillet 201518/08/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D16 - juin 201514/08/2015
- Mise à jour de la situation: Crise acridienne à Madagascar - 31 juillet 201531/07/2015
Horn of Africa Update: May 2012
Dry conditions have generally eased in many parts of the Greater Horn of Africa following the onset of rains in parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, Djibouti, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda. However, significant rainfall deficits remain in some parts of the subregion and are likely to affect crop production in eastern Kenya, southern Somalia, southern Ethiopia and southern parts of South Sudan. Northern parts of South Sudan and Sudan, remain seasonally dry and do not expect rain until June.
The ongoing recovery from the severe 2011 drought in Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya; below-normal start to the 2012 rains in many parts of the Greater Horn; the impacts of conflict in Sudan, South Sudan and southern Somalia; and rising food prices in the region, imply that food insecurity is likely to persist for months.