- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D15 - mai 201529/07/2015
- République centrafricaine - Mise à jour de la situation 29 julliet 201529/07/2015
- République centrafricaine - Mise à jour de la situation 9 julliet 201513/07/2015
- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Juin 201513/07/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D14 - mai 201509/07/2015
Horn of Africa Update: May 2012
Dry conditions have generally eased in many parts of the Greater Horn of Africa following the onset of rains in parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, Djibouti, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda. However, significant rainfall deficits remain in some parts of the subregion and are likely to affect crop production in eastern Kenya, southern Somalia, southern Ethiopia and southern parts of South Sudan. Northern parts of South Sudan and Sudan, remain seasonally dry and do not expect rain until June.
The ongoing recovery from the severe 2011 drought in Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya; below-normal start to the 2012 rains in many parts of the Greater Horn; the impacts of conflict in Sudan, South Sudan and southern Somalia; and rising food prices in the region, imply that food insecurity is likely to persist for months.