- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D08 - mars 201526/05/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine21/05/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D07 - mars 201520/05/2015
- Mise à jour de la situation: Crise acridienne à Madagascar - 15 mai 201515/05/2015
- Journal de la campagne - 30 avril 201513/05/2015
Horn of Africa Update: June 2012
The February—May rainfall was characterized by a late onset and mixed performance throughout the horn of Africa (HoA).
Exceptionally heavy rains and the consiquential flooding in western areas contrasted sharply with large rainfall deficits in eastern areas, including the eastern half of Kenya, parts of southern Somalia, northeastern Ethiopia, and northwestern Uganda. These rains led to a generally improved regional food security situation.
However, several areas are still in Crisis and Emergency food insecurity situation (IPC Phase 3 and 4 respectively). Projections are signalling the onset of June—September rainfall in western Meher areas of Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Eritrea, Djibouti, and northern Somalia.
According to the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) led Greater Horn of Africa Climate Outlook, forecast for this period point to the likelihood of above-normal rains for most of the western sector (Sudan, South Sudan, most of Ethiopia, Uganda, and western Kenya) as well as the coastal strip of Somalia and Kenya.