- Mise à jour de la situation: Crise acridienne à Madagascar - 31 juillet 201531/07/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D15 - mai 201529/07/2015
- République centrafricaine - Mise à jour de la situation 29 julliet 201529/07/2015
- République centrafricaine - Mise à jour de la situation 9 julliet 201513/07/2015
- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Juin 201513/07/2015
Horn of Africa Update: June 2012
The February—May rainfall was characterized by a late onset and mixed performance throughout the horn of Africa (HoA).
Exceptionally heavy rains and the consiquential flooding in western areas contrasted sharply with large rainfall deficits in eastern areas, including the eastern half of Kenya, parts of southern Somalia, northeastern Ethiopia, and northwestern Uganda. These rains led to a generally improved regional food security situation.
However, several areas are still in Crisis and Emergency food insecurity situation (IPC Phase 3 and 4 respectively). Projections are signalling the onset of June—September rainfall in western Meher areas of Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Eritrea, Djibouti, and northern Somalia.
According to the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) led Greater Horn of Africa Climate Outlook, forecast for this period point to the likelihood of above-normal rains for most of the western sector (Sudan, South Sudan, most of Ethiopia, Uganda, and western Kenya) as well as the coastal strip of Somalia and Kenya.