- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Octobre 201525/11/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne N. 23 - août-september 201525/11/2015
- FAO Mali - Bulletin d'information novembre 201524/11/2015
- Réponse à l'invasion acridienne à Madagascar: Programme de la campagne No.3 (septembre 2015 à juin 2016)19/11/2015
- Plan d’action pour la gestion des risques de catastrophes au Niger06/11/2015
EU/FAO Help Liberian Farmers Increase Production
Selega Farmer’s Cooperative Get Power Tiller
Women of the Selega Farmers Cooperative gathered around the power tiller provided by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) with funding from the European Union Food Facility (EUFF). All eyes were set on one of the cooperative members, Lawrence Ballah, as he carefully mounted the machine, grasped the handlebars and began driving it into Selega town. Located three miles from the town of Voinjama in Lofa County, Selega is a thriving farming community and home to the 80 members of the Selega Farmers Cooperative.
Colleagues sitting in the attached trailer joined him heading home at the end of the day’s training in power tiller operations and maintenance, a prerequisite before the Liberian government and FAO turned over the agricultural machinery to them, for ownership.
The EU supported project targets the rice producing areas of Bong, Lofa, and Nimba Counties. Besides the distribution of rice production inputs to 10 000 smallholder rice farmers, the project is equipping 20 rice farmers’ groups with agricultural machinery to enhance their production and income generation capacity.