- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D33 - novembre 201526/01/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D32 - novembre 201521/01/2016
- Mission FAO/PAM d’évaluation des récoltes et de la sécurité alimentaire à Madagascar, 27 octobre 201504/01/2016
- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Novembre 201521/12/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D31 - novembre 201516/12/2015
Food Security & Nutrition Working Group Update, Central & Eastern Africa - June 2010
Aflatoxin Alert in Eastern Province, Kenya
According to the results of a recent survey carried out by the Government of Kenya Ministry of Agriculture approximately 78% of the current stocks of maize held by farmers in Eastern Province ( 3 million bags of maize of 90kg each ) are suspected to be contaminated with aflatoxin. The remaining 22% is considered to be of good quality and safe for human consumption. In upper Eastern, 15% of the stocks are of good quality, while 85% are considered contaminated. In lower Eastern, 40% of the stocks are of good quality, while 60% are considered contaminated. About 2 340 000 bags of maize need to be purchased from farmers by the government.