- Avis sur la situation alimentaire et nutritionelle a l'entrée de la periode de soudre et les perspectives agricoles dans le Sahel et l'Afrique de l'Ouest01/07/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D12 - avril 201522/06/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D11 - avril 201515/06/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine10/06/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D10 - avril 201509/06/2015
FAO Uganda Information Bulletin - Vol. 4 Issue 9, September - October 2011
The current economic hardships being experienced around the world are pushing more people into poverty while others are going hungry or reducing their daily food rations. You will find, in this issue, information about this year’s World Food Day theme – “Food Crisis – from crisis to stability”, that was chosen to shade some light on this trend and what can be done to mitigate the impact of volatility of food prices on the most vulnerable.
As this year draws to an end, so will be the term of office of the FAO Director General, Dr. Jacques Diouf, who will be replaced by Jose Graziano da Silva in January 2012. In this issue, we highlight Dr. Diouf’s farewell message and his one-day official visit to Uganda on 22nd August 2011.
You will also find information about an initiative to increase productivity of small-scale livestock and fish systems in Uganda as well as the implication of food losses and waste in the world. Also inside this issue is an interview with the former FAO Representative in Uganda, Percy Misika, who is now in China on a new appointment. Mr. Misika talks about his life and the food security situation in Uganda.
In 2011, FAO member countries officially recognized global freedom from a deadly cattle disease – Rinderpest. You will find information about the efforts by FAO in close coordination with the World Organization for Animal Health and other partners to eradicate Rinderpest in this issue.