- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Août 201516/09/2015
- Journal de la campagne - 31 août 201503/09/2015
- Réponse à l'invasion acridienne à Madagascar: Rapport intermédiaire de la campagne No.2 (septembre 2014 - février 2015)01/09/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D18 - juin 201526/08/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D17 - juin 201518/08/2015
FAO Uganda Information Bulletin - Vol. 3 Issue 6, July - September 2010
This issue comes at a time when we are preparing to celebrate World Food Day, which falls on October, 16 every year. This year’s theme is United against Hunger; chosen to recognize efforts made by all actors in the fight against hunger. In this issue, you will read about the theme and why it is important for us to be united in the fight against hunger.
For the first time since 1969, the highest number of hungry people in the world was recorded in 2009. The FAO Director General, Dr. Jacques Diouf referred to it as a “tragic achievement in these modern days”. As a result, he launched an on-line campaign; arguing people to sign a petition against hunger. In this issue, you will read about the petition and the progress that we have made in Uganda.
You will also read about several FAO funded projects in Uganda and news articles about events that have happened between June and October 2010.