- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine21/05/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D07 - mars 201520/05/2015
- Mise à jour de la situation: Crise acridienne à Madagascar - 15 mai 201515/05/2015
- Journal de la campagne - 30 avril 201513/05/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D06 - fevrier 201512/05/2015
FAO Sudan Monthly Newsletter - July 2012
Welcome to the latest newsletter from the Food and Agriculture Organization’s Sudan office. This month the global theme for World Food Day 2012 was announced: ‘Agricultural cooperatives – key to feeding the world’. The theme highlights the role of cooperatives in improving food security and contributing to the eradication of hunger. The UN General Assembly also designated 2012 the International Year of Cooperatives. In the world today, an estimated one billion people are members of some kind of cooperative. In Sudan, FAO supports small‐scale farmers, displaced people and other vulnerable groups to form cooperatives for cheese-making and other agroprocessing, fishing and handcrafts to share resources and increase their bargaining power and market access. World Food Day is observed on the 16th of October each year – the date marks the anniversary of the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organization. We’ll be bringing you more information about World Food Day as it approaches.