- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D04 - février 201522/04/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D03 - janvier 201517/04/2015
- FAO contre la faim à Madagascar, Comores, Maurice, Seychelles - Bulletin N. 4 mars 201514/04/2015
- Avis conjoint sur la situation alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Sahel et en Afrique de l’Ouest10/04/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D02 - janvier 201509/04/2015
Food and Nutrition Security Assessment in Sudan: Analysis of 2009 National Baseline Household Survey
One out of three Sudanese suffered from food deprivation in 2009, which is the Millennium Development Goal indicator 1.9 on hunger reduction, based on the 2009 Sudan NBHS data. The prevalence of undernourishment was 31 and 34 percent for urban and rural populations, respectively.
The prevalence of undernourishment for southern States fell in the category of very high severity of food deprivation (47 percent), while the figure for the northern States categorized high severity. The highest levels of food deprivation was observed in the States of Western Bahr Al Ghazal, Unity, Upper Nile, Warrap and Lakes, with more than half of their population.
The average Sudan national had a daily dietary energy consumption (DEC) of 2180 Kcal per person in 2009. Rural and urban areas had similar daily DEC levels of 2140 and 2270 daily Kcal per person, respectively.