- Mise à jour de la situation: Crise acridienne à Madagascar - 31 juillet 201531/07/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D15 - mai 201529/07/2015
- République centrafricaine - Mise à jour de la situation 29 julliet 201529/07/2015
- République centrafricaine - Mise à jour de la situation 9 julliet 201513/07/2015
- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Juin 201513/07/2015
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 22 September 2011
An estimated 12.3 million people are currently in need of assistance in the Horn of Africa, including 146 000 people in Djibouti, 4.5 million in Ethiopia, 3.7 million in Kenya, and 4 million in Somalia. Some 750 000 people in Somalia are at risk of death due to famine if urgent support is not provided.
FAO has been providing significant support to populations across the Horn of Africa that are affected by the current crisis. Despite this, much more needs to be done. As of today, FAO has received just 40 percent of the USD 161 million sought in the immediate aftermath of the crisis. A further USD 95.6 million is urgently needed to ensure the most vulnerable, food insecure populations can immediately access food and rapidly resume food production.