- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D01 - janvier 201611/04/2016
- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Février 201606/04/2016
- Évaluation de la deuxième campagne antiacridienne 2014/2015 à Madagascar29/03/2016
- Mise à jour de la situation: Crise acridienne à Madagascar - 15 mars 201623/03/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D36 - décembre 201516/03/2016
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 22 September 2011
An estimated 12.3 million people are currently in need of assistance in the Horn of Africa, including 146 000 people in Djibouti, 4.5 million in Ethiopia, 3.7 million in Kenya, and 4 million in Somalia. Some 750 000 people in Somalia are at risk of death due to famine if urgent support is not provided.
FAO has been providing significant support to populations across the Horn of Africa that are affected by the current crisis. Despite this, much more needs to be done. As of today, FAO has received just 40 percent of the USD 161 million sought in the immediate aftermath of the crisis. A further USD 95.6 million is urgently needed to ensure the most vulnerable, food insecure populations can immediately access food and rapidly resume food production.