- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Mai 201623/06/2016
- Évaluations de la sécurité semencière17/06/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D04 - février 201615/06/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D03 - janvier 201614/06/2016
- Réponse à l'invasion acridienne à Madagascar: Rapport final de la campagne No.2 (septembre 2014 - août 2015)30/05/2016
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 14 October 2011
To-date, FAO has received just USD 65 million towards its emergency interventions in response to the drought in the Horn of Africa. A further USD 95 million is still required to assist drought-hit populations in the region. Over 40 000 households (241 458 people) have already participated in FAO’s ongoing cash-for-work initiative in Somalia, with this to reach more than 67 000 households in the coming weeks. Food prices continue to rise throughout the Horn of Africa, making it harder for already food insecure households to meet their food needs and threatening to further exacerbate the current crisis.
FAO continues to emphasize the need to work with governments and regional authorities to ensure a comprehensive response to the crisis that encompasses: (i) saving lives and livelihoods; (ii) promoting early recovery; and (iii) supporting sustainable livelihoods and strengthening the resilience of households and the food systems on which they rely.