- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D18 - juin 201526/08/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D17 - juin 201518/08/2015
- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, juillet 201518/08/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D16 - juin 201514/08/2015
- Mise à jour de la situation: Crise acridienne à Madagascar - 31 juillet 201531/07/2015
Georgia Fact Sheet - September 2009
The Food and Agricultural Organizations of the United Nations (FAO) responded rapidly to the August 2008 conflict, working with the Government of Georgia and international partners to conduct a comprehensive agricultural sector needs assessment and appeal for emergency agricultural support through the UN Consolidated Appeal Process.
The USAID provided a USD5.5 million (OSRO/GEO/802/USA) grant to the FAO for the emergency supply of animal feed in conflict affected areas of Shida Kartli, and in order establish an Emergency Rehabilitation Coordination Unit in Georgia.
To support the resumption of vegetable production, which was disrupted due to the loss of farming assets, damage to the 2008 summer harvest, and insufficient cash flow, the Government of Italy allocated EUR800 000 (OSRO/GEO/803/ITA) for emergency assistance to small-scale farmers for crop production in conflict affected areas.
Recently, the European Commission (EC) has funded the FAO with EUR1 million (OSRO/GEO/902/EC) for the restoration and improvement of agriculture based livelihoods and food security for Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) in newly established settlements and returnees in the Area Adjacent to South Ossetia (AASO).