- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods13/05/2016
- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Mars - Avril 201606/05/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D01 - janvier 201611/04/2016
Georgia Agriculture Sector Bulletin - Winter 2012
As the previous ones, the present edition features the most recent developments and trends in the field of agriculture. One of the key themes of this bulletin is food safety, which is one of the necessary conditions of the conventionally acknowledged basic human rights – protection of the human health and life.
The Government of Georgia is taking further steps in the process of development of agriculture and improvement of food safety in the country. A Comprehensive Strategy and Legislative Approximation Programme in Food Safety has been elaborated, which was followed by the drafting of the Georgian Code on Food Safety, Veterinary and Plant Protection. Through these actions, Georgia demonstrates its commitment to embark on the process of negotiations to conclude the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement with the European Union.