- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D13 - mai 201502/07/2015
- Avis sur la situation alimentaire et nutritionelle a l'entrée de la periode de soudre et les perspectives agricoles dans le Sahel et l'Afrique de l'Ouest01/07/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D12 - avril 201522/06/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D11 - avril 201515/06/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine10/06/2015
Myanmar Emergency & Rehabilitation Programme: Needs Assessment for the Cyclone Nargis Affected Areas
The overall intention of this Needs Assessment (NA) is to elaborate a pragmatic Emergency and Rehabilitation Programme for the geographical area most affected by Cyclone Nargis. Based on the understanding of the pre-cyclone situation, the impact of the natural disaster is assessed in terms of its physical destruction and impact on people’s livelihoods. In order to quickly recover from the hardship caused, an emergency programme for immediate assistance (0-6 months) as well as a medium-term rehabilitation programme (0-24 months) is proposed in support of the most vulnerable farmers and 10 fishers communities in order to help protect and rebuild better livelihoods in the eleven priority townships most severely affected by the cyclone.
The assessment covers the crop production, livestock, fisheries and forestry sectors to formulate a response plan in the most rapid and sustainable manner possible. The proposed programme will help reduce the need for protracted and potentially high-cost life saving activities, which may also undermine social capital with far reaching consequences and bolster resilience to the next shock. As the assessment focuses on needs directly related to the impact of the cyclone, it does therefore intentionally not reach into long-term development.