- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Mai 201623/06/2016
- Évaluations de la sécurité semencière17/06/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D04 - février 201615/06/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D03 - janvier 201614/06/2016
- Réponse à l'invasion acridienne à Madagascar: Rapport final de la campagne No.2 (septembre 2014 - août 2015)30/05/2016
FAO Liberia Newsletter - 5 April 2011
More than 125.000 refugees have entered into Liberia since the beginning of the crisis in Côte d’Ivoire in November 2010. The far majority stays with host families across the Ivorian border. Humanitarian partners have been working to support the food needs of Ivorian refugees but they continue to depend heavily on the support of their host communities. This situation has put immense pressure on the food security situation of refugees and host families alike. Food stocks have been depleted and some communities started consuming rice seeds.
FAO is supporting the food production needs of refugees and host communities alike. The organisation has distributed vegetable and short cycle crop seeds kits to refugees in the Bahn camp, while a larger scale distribution of rice seeds to host communities will take place next month before the local planting season.