- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine21/05/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D07 - mars 201520/05/2015
- Mise à jour de la situation: Crise acridienne à Madagascar - 15 mai 201515/05/2015
- Journal de la campagne - 30 avril 201513/05/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D06 - fevrier 201512/05/2015
Zimbabwe: Egg Production Reviving Rural Economy
Zimbabwe’s economy is beginning to rebound after more than ten years of decline. With that, availability of and access to food is improving. Given that more than two-thirds of Zimbabweans make a living from agriculture, a healthy agriculture sector is essential to the country’s recovery. Finding innovative ways to unlock production potential, especially among the country’s more than 1.5 million smallholder farmers, is important. Most smallholder farmers, for example, keep poultry, but few engage in commercial egg production because of limited know-how and links to markets. Zimbabwe currently imports table eggs and exports day-old layer chicks. However, proper training in commercial egg production – from animal husbandry to health management to marketing – would be a boon to farmers’ incomes and nutrition.