- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D13 - mai 201502/07/2015
- Avis sur la situation alimentaire et nutritionelle a l'entrée de la periode de soudre et les perspectives agricoles dans le Sahel et l'Afrique de l'Ouest01/07/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D12 - avril 201522/06/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D11 - avril 201515/06/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine10/06/2015
FAO Sudan Monthly Newsletter - September 2012
It is now the staple crop (millet and sorghum) growing season in Sudan, and the above-average rains so far have raised hopes of a successful harvest. The Federal Ministry of Agriculture has estimated an increase of 20 to 25 percent in land under cultivation compared to 2011.
However, some areas that have suffered heavy flooding are expected to witness reduced yields, such as in Kubum in South Darfur where much of the cultivated fields were destroyed. The rains have also increased the potential for desert locusts to migrate from North and West Africa into Sudan.
For livestock, the rains have meant pasture growth has been good and hafirs and dams are filled. There have been no major animal disease or crop pest outbreaks reported so far.