- Mise à jour de la situation: Crise acridienne à Madagascar - 31 juillet 201531/07/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D15 - mai 201529/07/2015
- République centrafricaine - Mise à jour de la situation 29 julliet 201529/07/2015
- République centrafricaine - Mise à jour de la situation 9 julliet 201513/07/2015
- Sécurité alimentaire et implications humanitaires en Afrique de l'Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Juin 201513/07/2015
Mali conflict: Contingency and Response Plan
Tags: SAHEL, CRISIS IN THE SAHEL, MALI, CONFLICT, FOOD INSECURITY, IDPS, REFUGEES, HUMANITARIAN COMMUNITY,
- Large population movements are reported as a consequence of the Mali conflict. It is estimated that there are currently 292 648 IDPs in Mali and 175 211 refugees in neighboring countries, mainly Burkina Faso, Mauritania and the Niger.
- The FAO/WFP Food Security estimates that 585 000 people are food insecure in the North and 1.2 million at risk of food insecurity.
- Access has improved in the central regions, facilitating humanitarian and livelihood support. However the food security situation is worsening in the North, with closed markets, increased insecurity, disruption of commercial traffic, increasing prices and depleting food stocks.
- FAO overall appeal for Mali for 2013 amounts to USD 22 million, of which USD 10.2 million is to address the additional needs related to the degradation of the situation in the North. USD 14 million would be required to address the repercussions of the Mali crisis in neighbouring countries.
- This amount would allow FAO and its cluster partners to address the needs of almost 1 million people, including refugees, IDPs, returnees, resident and host populations, through supporting food and livestock production, animal health and related technical assistance.
- Funds are urgently required for FAO to support the main agricultural season in Mali (starting end May/June), thus ensuring cereal production for some 400 000 people.