- Des productions agricoles et pastorales bonnes à très bonnes attendues pour la campagne 2016/201726/09/2016
- Sécurité Alimentaire et Implications Humanitaires en Afrique de l’Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Août 201626/09/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne N. 29 - juillet 201621/09/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne N. 28 - juin 201620/09/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne N. 27 - mai 201623/08/2016
Rapid Food Security Assessment - brief version
On 14 November 2012 the Israeli Air Force (IAF) launched an airstrike that targeted and killed the acting chief of Hamas’ military wing and one of his associates. This incident was followed by an escalation in violence ending on the 21 November with a declaration of a cease fire after 8-days.
In the aftermath of the conflict, the Food Security Sector (formerly Agriculture, food and Cash for Work sectors) embarked on a rapid qualitative assessment to determine the impact of the conflict on the population’s food security status by analyzing food production, availability, accessibility and access stability during and in the aftermath of the conflict. The field assessment team conducted 58 key informant interviews, 7 focus group discussions with cooperatives and associations and 30 focus group discussions of different livelihood groups with special attention given to women (an additional 6 focus groups).