- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne N. 27 - Mai 201623/08/2016
- Sécurité Alimentaire et Implications Humanitaires en Afrique de l’Ouest et au Sahel - Note conjointe FAO/PAM, Juin - Juillet 201622/08/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne N. 26 - avril 201609/08/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne N. 25 - mars 201603/08/2016
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D06 - février 201626/07/2016
Guidance Note - Transitional programming
The FAO Country Programming Framework (CPF) is the Organization’s overarching approach for integrated – emergency and longer-term – country level programming. As much as possible, programming in transition settings should derive from existing CPFs, as well as contribute to their formulation or evolution.
Agriculture-based growth and productive rural employment, including for women smallholders, are key components of national strategies to emerge from crisis or fragility. Focusing on agriculture from the beginning of a crisis is key to ensuring that people are not affected by severe food insecurity and malnutrition in the medium term.
FAO focuses on strengthening the resilience of households, communities and institutions, empowering them to manage their way out of crises, restore agricultural production capacity, and improve their food and nutrition security.
Transition is a non-linear process with setbacks to development progress the norm: FAO transition work typically includes, simultaneously, humanitarian activities as well as longer-term investments that contribute to development processes, reducing vulnerability and exposure to risk.
Well-timed, predictable, flexible and sustained resources in post-conflict or fragile settings are essential for transition. This is particularly important for agricultural interventions whose success is dependent on reaching crisis-affected populations at critical times of planting and cropping seasons.
FAO must be ready to advocate for a more nuanced and country-specific understanding of recovery contexts, priorities and challenges to ensure sustained funding flows for transition.