- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D03 - janvier 201517/04/2015
- FAO contre la faim à Madagascar, Comores, Maurice, Seychelles - Bulletin N. 4 mars 201514/04/2015
- Avis conjoint sur la situation alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Sahel et en Afrique de l’Ouest10/04/2015
- Madagascar - Bulletin de situation acridienne D02 - janvier 201509/04/2015
- Stratégie Mondiale pour le Contrôle et l’éradication de la Peste des Petits Ruminants08/04/2015
Situation Update: The Sahel Crisis - 31 January 2014
Tags: SAHEL, CRISIS IN THE SAHEL, BURKINA FASO, CAMEROON, CHAD, GAMBIA, MALI, MAURITANIA, NIGERIA, NIGER, SENEGAL, WESTERN AFRICA, SITUATION UPDATE,
- Despite the 2013 harvest in the Sahel being equivalent to the last five years average, more than 20 million people are still food insecure. The agricultural production of the poorest households is insufficient to restore their livelihoods and is expected to cover only their nutritional needs for the next two to three months. Thereafter they will depend entirely on markets.
- In 2013, FAO has received USD 26.5 million for its operations in the Sahel. Thanks to this funds FAO has assisted more than 2.5 million beneficiaries in the Sahel by supporting food and livestock production, and providing livelihood protection and technical assistance.
- In order to reduce the food insecurity burden in the Sahel, FAO and its partners consider that additional and timely efforts need to be done in 2014 to strengthen the livelihoods and enhance the resilience of poor and very poor households in the region. FAO’s funding needs for 2014 are estimated at USD 115 million in the Sahel.