- Supporting pastoralists in Somalia27/04/2017
- Enhancing women’s protection and addressing the risk of further environmental degradation in northeastern Nigeria20/04/2017
- Les cliniques vétérinaires mobiles10/04/2017
- Lutte contre l’insécurité alimentaire des agriculteurs vulnérables en Haïti23/03/2017
- Supporting fisheries in Somalia16/03/2017
Growing vegetables near the desert - Mali
Thanks to vegetable production promoted by FAO, food availability at household level has increased in Mali, resulting in a sudden improvement in nutrition levels. Households, left vulnerable by the crises from 2010 to 2012, are now more resilient to deal with the likely impacts of these crises.
5 000 households:
- diversified their diets and increased their incomes by engaging in vegetable production; and
- increased their capacity to improve production and to cope with agropastoral crises in 2011.
Vegetable production has greatly contributed to reducing vulnerability among beneficiaries (in the fight against malnutrition and in poverty reduction).