- Livestock distribution in the Philippines25/09/2015
- La troisième campagne antiacridienne commence à Madagascar21/09/2015
- Receiving much-needed livestock support after Typhoon Haiyan17/09/2015
- The impact of Nepal earthquakes on female farmers14/09/2015
- Fin des opérations terrestres de la campagne antiacridienne 2014/15 à Madagascar01/09/2015
Improving agriculture through rice production - DR Congo
As part of the GCP-040 project, farmers near the village of Kamangu, Katanga province, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo have received improved-variety seeds, tools, and technical training to increase the yield of their crops.
FAO has also helped them get organized into farmers groups, built infrastructures (markets and warehouses), and rehabilitated roads to help get products to markets.