- Flooding in Myanmar25/08/2015
- Crops planting assessment in South Sudan25/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
Improving agriculture through rice production - DR Congo
As part of the GCP-040 project, farmers near the village of Kamangu, Katanga province, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo have received improved-variety seeds, tools, and technical training to increase the yield of their crops.
FAO has also helped them get organized into farmers groups, built infrastructures (markets and warehouses), and rehabilitated roads to help get products to markets.