- Life in the cattle camp in South Sudan22/05/2017
- Supporting pastoralists in Somalia27/04/2017
- Enhancing women’s protection and addressing the risk of further environmental degradation in northeastern Nigeria20/04/2017
- Les cliniques vétérinaires mobiles10/04/2017
- Lutte contre l’insécurité alimentaire des agriculteurs vulnérables en Haïti23/03/2017
Improving agriculture through rice production - DR Congo
As part of the GCP-040 project, farmers near the village of Kamangu, Katanga province, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo have received improved-variety seeds, tools, and technical training to increase the yield of their crops.
FAO has also helped them get organized into farmers groups, built infrastructures (markets and warehouses), and rehabilitated roads to help get products to markets.