- Fin des opérations terrestres de la campagne antiacridienne 2014/15 à Madagascar01/09/2015
- Flooding in Myanmar25/08/2015
- Crops planting assessment in South Sudan25/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
Livestock protection in Darfur - Sudan
FAO recognizes that animals such as camels, cattle, goats and sheep are vital livelihood assets for many people in Darfur. To protect these assets, FAO conducts livestock vaccination and treatment campaigns. In this gallery you'll see rarely-seen images from the Jebel Marra mountain region in central Darfur, Sudan.
Insecurity including heavy fighting meant the area was cut-off from outside access for much of the last 10 years. Together with our implementing partners FAO has been able to help vulnerable pastoralist families at Jebel Marra and other locations in Darfur to protect their livestock assets.