- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
- After the earthquakes in Nepal20/07/2015
- Youth and agriculture festival in the Central African Republic09/07/2015
- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
Livestock protection in Darfur - Sudan
FAO recognizes that animals such as camels, cattle, goats and sheep are vital livelihood assets for many people in Darfur. To protect these assets, FAO conducts livestock vaccination and treatment campaigns. In this gallery you'll see rarely-seen images from the Jebel Marra mountain region in central Darfur, Sudan.
Insecurity including heavy fighting meant the area was cut-off from outside access for much of the last 10 years. Together with our implementing partners FAO has been able to help vulnerable pastoralist families at Jebel Marra and other locations in Darfur to protect their livestock assets.