- Needs assessment in response to El Niño in Vietnam14/07/2016
- Initiative "des intrants pour se protéger" en République centrafricaine06/06/2016
- Seeds distribution in South Sudan03/06/2016
- Emergency livelihood support for flood-affected communities in Myanmar25/05/2016
- Community farming project in South Sudan17/05/2016
Livestock protection in Darfur - Sudan
FAO recognizes that animals such as camels, cattle, goats and sheep are vital livelihood assets for many people in Darfur. To protect these assets, FAO conducts livestock vaccination and treatment campaigns. In this gallery you'll see rarely-seen images from the Jebel Marra mountain region in central Darfur, Sudan.
Insecurity including heavy fighting meant the area was cut-off from outside access for much of the last 10 years. Together with our implementing partners FAO has been able to help vulnerable pastoralist families at Jebel Marra and other locations in Darfur to protect their livestock assets.