- Fisheries on the White Nile river in South Sudan27/02/2017
- Farmers and herders in an IDPs camp in Somalia21/02/2017
- Training fisher folks in South Sudan09/02/2017
- Fertilizer distribution in retaken areas of Iraq08/02/2017
- Distribution of agricultural inputs and livestock in the conflict and disaster-prone areas of Myanmar07/02/2017
Livestock protection in Darfur - Sudan
FAO recognizes that animals such as camels, cattle, goats and sheep are vital livelihood assets for many people in Darfur. To protect these assets, FAO conducts livestock vaccination and treatment campaigns. In this gallery you'll see rarely-seen images from the Jebel Marra mountain region in central Darfur, Sudan.
Insecurity including heavy fighting meant the area was cut-off from outside access for much of the last 10 years. Together with our implementing partners FAO has been able to help vulnerable pastoralist families at Jebel Marra and other locations in Darfur to protect their livestock assets.