- Fisheries on the White Nile river in South Sudan27/02/2017
- Farmers and herders in an IDPs camp in Somalia21/02/2017
- Training fisher folks in South Sudan09/02/2017
- Fertilizer distribution in retaken areas of Iraq08/02/2017
- Distribution of agricultural inputs and livestock in the conflict and disaster-prone areas of Myanmar07/02/2017
Helping farmers in Darfur - Sudan
Farmers across Sudan are having to cope with the results an erratic 2011 rainy season, including the poor 2011/2012 crop harvest. The harvest is about half of what was reaped last year, and food insecurity in Sudan is expected to increase.
One of the ways FAO is helping protect farmers' livelihoods is a seed cleaning machine in Darfur. It separates the valuable seeds from the husk, dirt and other matter so that the cleaned seeds are ready for planting when the rains come this year