- Emergency livelihood support for flood-affected communities in Myanmar25/05/2016
- Community farming project in South Sudan17/05/2016
- Livestock distribution in Myanmar03/05/2016
- Cash scheme rekindles hope in Somalia's drought-hit regions11/04/2016
- Strengthening resilience in the Dry Corridor in Honduras07/04/2016
Helping farmers in Darfur - Sudan
Farmers across Sudan are having to cope with the results an erratic 2011 rainy season, including the poor 2011/2012 crop harvest. The harvest is about half of what was reaped last year, and food insecurity in Sudan is expected to increase.
One of the ways FAO is helping protect farmers' livelihoods is a seed cleaning machine in Darfur. It separates the valuable seeds from the husk, dirt and other matter so that the cleaned seeds are ready for planting when the rains come this year