- Northeast Nigeria: planting the seeds of hope09/08/2016
- Needs assessment in response to El Niño in Vietnam14/07/2016
- Initiative "des intrants pour se protéger" en République centrafricaine06/06/2016
- Seeds distribution in South Sudan03/06/2016
- Emergency livelihood support for flood-affected communities in Myanmar25/05/2016
Helping farmers in Darfur - Sudan
Farmers across Sudan are having to cope with the results an erratic 2011 rainy season, including the poor 2011/2012 crop harvest. The harvest is about half of what was reaped last year, and food insecurity in Sudan is expected to increase.
One of the ways FAO is helping protect farmers' livelihoods is a seed cleaning machine in Darfur. It separates the valuable seeds from the husk, dirt and other matter so that the cleaned seeds are ready for planting when the rains come this year