- Needs assessment in response to El Niño in Vietnam14/07/2016
- Initiative "des intrants pour se protéger" en République centrafricaine06/06/2016
- Seeds distribution in South Sudan03/06/2016
- Emergency livelihood support for flood-affected communities in Myanmar25/05/2016
- Community farming project in South Sudan17/05/2016
Haiti earthquake: one year on
In response to the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, FAO has helped affected rural people to rebuild their livelihoods and supporting the integration and resettlement of displaced populations. This has involved emergency food security interventions, particularly focused on distributing inputs for the spring, summer and winter planting seasons; carrying out assessments of the food security situation; coordinating agricultural interventions; and supporting national food security data management.
At present, FAO has over 20 international experts and more than 120 national technical and officers and personnel currently working through its Emergency Rehabilitation and Coordination Unit offices, which are spread throughout the country.