- Life in the cattle camp in South Sudan22/05/2017
- Supporting pastoralists in Somalia27/04/2017
- Enhancing women’s protection and addressing the risk of further environmental degradation in northeastern Nigeria20/04/2017
- Les cliniques vétérinaires mobiles10/04/2017
- Lutte contre l’insécurité alimentaire des agriculteurs vulnérables en Haïti23/03/2017
Haiti earthquake: one year on
In response to the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, FAO has helped affected rural people to rebuild their livelihoods and supporting the integration and resettlement of displaced populations. This has involved emergency food security interventions, particularly focused on distributing inputs for the spring, summer and winter planting seasons; carrying out assessments of the food security situation; coordinating agricultural interventions; and supporting national food security data management.
At present, FAO has over 20 international experts and more than 120 national technical and officers and personnel currently working through its Emergency Rehabilitation and Coordination Unit offices, which are spread throughout the country.