- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
- Stabilizing land and preventing landslides after the earthquakes16/06/2015
- FAO emergency rice seed distribution in Nepal nearly complete 01/06/2015
- Local seed sourcing and packaging in Nepal29/05/2015
- Damage assessment after the earthquakes in Nepal20/05/2015
Training on ESSS - Cote d'Ivoire
The post-election crisis in Côte d'Ivoire had far-reaching consequences under a humanitarian point of view in general and in particular for the level of food security and nutritional status. Facing this situation, FAO and other stakeholders, implemented several interventions, including emergency seed distributions to boost agricultural production.
In this respect, FAO sent a mission to study the security seed system (ESSS) in western Côte d'Ivoire to better characterize the functioning of seed systems in place, the impact of the crisis on these systems and determine the most appropriate interventions to sustainably improve seed security in the affected areas.
As part of the study, which was held in July 2012, several teams composed of NGOs and structures of the MINAGRI investigated in the area about the effects on households of the 2010 post-election crisis.
An interim report on this study has been shared with all partners involved in the field activities to make their contributions improving the final report. In addition, two workshops for the restitution of the results have been organized in Côte d'Ivoire between October and November 2012.