- Farmers and herders in an IDPs camp in Somalia21/02/2017
- Training fisher folks in South Sudan09/02/2017
- Fertilizer distribution in retaken areas of Iraq08/02/2017
- Distribution of agricultural inputs and livestock in the conflict and disaster-prone areas of Myanmar07/02/2017
- The “productive transfers” approach (CASH+) in Mali and Mauritania26/01/2017
Answer to la Niña in Colombia
The winter emergency that occurred in Colombia during 2010, was the worst occurred in the last 60 years. The “Niña” climate phenomenon heavily altered the country’s climate patterns which caused constant rains from April 2010 to June 2011.
Financed by Colombia Humanitaria, The United Nations System in Colombia, developed a joint program with different agencies and local authorities of 8 municipalities in Chocó, Cauca and Nariño, that provided temporary accommodation, health services, water, basic sanitation, food and nutrition security, education in emergency situations and recovery of livelihoods support, to the most affected communities.