- Livestock distribution in Myanmar03/05/2016
- Cash scheme rekindles hope in Somalia's drought-hit regions11/04/2016
- Strengthening resilience in the Dry Corridor in Honduras07/04/2016
- Destocking campaign in Ethiopia15/03/2016
- Tropical Cyclone Winston at Fiji29/02/2016
Norway’s Minister of Foreign Affairs visits FAO rice seed project after typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines
Norway’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Børge Brende, today visited FAO-supported rice farmers in Tingib village, Samar province, Eastern Visayas region in the central Philippines.
Exactly two months after the typhoon Haiyan made landfall, FAO, with generous support from the Norwegian Government and the excellent collaboration with the Government of the Philippines, has been able to secure the December/January planting season.