- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
- After the earthquakes in Nepal20/07/2015
- Youth and agriculture festival in the Central African Republic09/07/2015
- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
Norway’s Minister of Foreign Affairs visits FAO rice seed project after typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines
Norway’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Børge Brende, today visited FAO-supported rice farmers in Tingib village, Samar province, Eastern Visayas region in the central Philippines.
Exactly two months after the typhoon Haiyan made landfall, FAO, with generous support from the Norwegian Government and the excellent collaboration with the Government of the Philippines, has been able to secure the December/January planting season.