- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
- Stabilizing land and preventing landslides after the earthquakes16/06/2015
- FAO emergency rice seed distribution in Nepal nearly complete 01/06/2015
- Local seed sourcing and packaging in Nepal29/05/2015
- Damage assessment after the earthquakes in Nepal20/05/2015
Agriculture in Bossangoa
The region of Bossangoa has been one of the worst hit by the violent conflict in CAR. Many families have had to leave their homes to escape the fighting and survive for months in the bush. There has been widespread looting and destruction.
The recent Integrated Phase Classification indicates that the Ouham province around Bossangoa is facing some of the worst levels of food insecurity in the country. As they return to their villages farmers are receiving humanitarian assistance to rebuild their lives.
Since March 2014, FAO has been in Bossangoa distributing agricultural tools and crop seeds to save the agricultural season. Most families are now busy in the fields. Early harvests are expected to start there by the end of July.