- Needs assessment in response to El Niño in Vietnam14/07/2016
- Initiative "des intrants pour se protéger" en République centrafricaine06/06/2016
- Seeds distribution in South Sudan03/06/2016
- Emergency livelihood support for flood-affected communities in Myanmar25/05/2016
- Community farming project in South Sudan17/05/2016
Agriculture in Bossangoa
The region of Bossangoa has been one of the worst hit by the violent conflict in CAR. Many families have had to leave their homes to escape the fighting and survive for months in the bush. There has been widespread looting and destruction.
The recent Integrated Phase Classification indicates that the Ouham province around Bossangoa is facing some of the worst levels of food insecurity in the country. As they return to their villages farmers are receiving humanitarian assistance to rebuild their lives.
Since March 2014, FAO has been in Bossangoa distributing agricultural tools and crop seeds to save the agricultural season. Most families are now busy in the fields. Early harvests are expected to start there by the end of July.