- FAO emergency rice seed distribution in Nepal nearly complete 01/06/2015
- Local seed sourcing and packaging in Nepal29/05/2015
- Damage assessment after the earthquakes in Nepal20/05/2015
- Garden schools in Bangui07/05/2015
- Locust control in Madagascar04/05/2015
On the road to resilience in the Central African Republic
The 15-members of the cooperative in N'dress supported by FAO has invested in multiple activities. In addition to the fish farm, bananas, cassava and vegetables are grown and sold on local markets. The cooperative members have also built seven basins in which they harvest spirulina, a microalga considered as a high-protein food source.
Fully resuming the activity of the cooperative is a challenging task in the Central African Republic, a country still shaken by violence where one million people have been displaced and the economic fabric has been seriously damaged by the 18-month long conflict.