- Supporting pastoralists in Somalia27/04/2017
- Enhancing women’s protection and addressing the risk of further environmental degradation in northeastern Nigeria20/04/2017
- Les cliniques vétérinaires mobiles10/04/2017
- Lutte contre l’insécurité alimentaire des agriculteurs vulnérables en Haïti23/03/2017
- Supporting fisheries in Somalia16/03/2017
Livelihood kit beneficiaries in Jonglei State - South Sudan
Jonglei State has been particularly affected by the continued violence in South Sudan. Almost half of the state’s 1.5 million people are severely food insecure. Markets are almost empty and the prices of remaining commodities have placed them beyond the reach of many. FAO has been providing emergency livelihood kits – for crop production, fishing and livestock protection – to thousands of those in need, enabling them to produce food for themselves and their families. FAO plans to undertake further distributions in the state throughout 2014.