- Northeast Nigeria: supporting IDPs and host families engage in vegetable production21/09/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: planting the seeds of hope09/08/2016
- Needs assessment in response to El Niño in Vietnam14/07/2016
- Initiative "des intrants pour se protéger" en République centrafricaine06/06/2016
- Seeds distribution in South Sudan03/06/2016
Livelihood kit beneficiaries in Jonglei State - South Sudan
Jonglei State has been particularly affected by the continued violence in South Sudan. Almost half of the state’s 1.5 million people are severely food insecure. Markets are almost empty and the prices of remaining commodities have placed them beyond the reach of many. FAO has been providing emergency livelihood kits – for crop production, fishing and livestock protection – to thousands of those in need, enabling them to produce food for themselves and their families. FAO plans to undertake further distributions in the state throughout 2014.