- Central Mindanao farmers plant in time for the upcoming season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
- After the earthquakes in Nepal20/07/2015
- Youth and agriculture festival in the Central African Republic09/07/2015
- Helping women work in groups in Liberia29/06/2015
Livelihood kit beneficiaries in Jonglei State - South Sudan
Jonglei State has been particularly affected by the continued violence in South Sudan. Almost half of the state’s 1.5 million people are severely food insecure. Markets are almost empty and the prices of remaining commodities have placed them beyond the reach of many. FAO has been providing emergency livelihood kits – for crop production, fishing and livestock protection – to thousands of those in need, enabling them to produce food for themselves and their families. FAO plans to undertake further distributions in the state throughout 2014.