- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
- Food security in North Korea is expected to deteriorate27/04/2016
Turning the rising tide of hunger in Zimbabwe
Poor productivity in the agriculture sector has contributed to chronic food insecurity in Zimbabwe. This project was funded through the European Union Food Facility as part of the EU's wider policy of moving from food aid to food security in the country.
The video focuses on how the project beneficiaries have moved from poverty and situations of vulnerability to being able to produce more food through a combination of appropriate inputs, well-coordinated extension and regular field visits by the Government's Extension Services and training sessions.