- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign in Lebanon05/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake04/05/2015
- FAO Enhancing Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods20/04/2015
Using conservation agriculture to help Zimbabwe's farmers produce more
Conservation agriculture has become increasingly important as a means for enabling all farmers, particularly those with small land holdings and facing chronic food insecurity, to increase their production in an environmentally sound way that impacts minimally on the natural resource base.
FAO has been working closely with NGOs and small-scale farmers in Zimbabwe to introduce conservation farming techniques and improve food production. The video provides a short overview of what this actually means for Zimbabwe's communal farmers, recounting some of their stories and including the perspectives of FAO staff, NGO staff and the EU Ambassador.