- A journey towards human security20/09/2016
- Resilience in Protracted Crises13/09/2016
- Building resilience through Needs Assessments in FAO Emergency operation31/08/2016
- Seasons of Hope: Countering an El Niño-induced drought in Ethiopia (Documentary)16/08/2016
- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
Building Resilience in the Horn of Africa
Building stronger pastoralist communities in the Horn of Africa - that's the aim of the 5 million Euro project, funded by the European Union and coordinated by the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization.
This is a region that suffers from recurring droughts, making it one of the most food-insecure places in the world. The 2011 drought affected more than 13 million people at the peak of the crisis, causing massive food insecurity and famine. A different approach is needed for these communities to cope with disasters in the future.
This video focuses on a regional cross border project that is working with communities on disaster risk management plans and cross border grazing agreements in Pokot, Kenya and Karamoja, Uganda.