- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign in Lebanon05/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake04/05/2015
- FAO Enhancing Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods20/04/2015
Building Resilience in the Horn of Africa
Building stronger pastoralist communities in the Horn of Africa - that's the aim of the 5 million Euro project, funded by the European Union and coordinated by the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization.
This is a region that suffers from recurring droughts, making it one of the most food-insecure places in the world. The 2011 drought affected more than 13 million people at the peak of the crisis, causing massive food insecurity and famine. A different approach is needed for these communities to cope with disasters in the future.
This video focuses on a regional cross border project that is working with communities on disaster risk management plans and cross border grazing agreements in Pokot, Kenya and Karamoja, Uganda.